[highlight color=”black”]Dukh ki 10 Bari Wajuhaat[/highlight]
Reasons You May Not Know That You Are Depressed
- You’ve been depressed for so long that it simply feels normal to you. This may be especially true for those who have been depressed since early childhood.
- You may not be feeling particularly sad so you think it can’t possibly be depression. Keep in mind that depression can take more forms than just a feeling of profound sadness. You may feel tired, low in energy or lack in any real sense of joy without necessarily feeling sadness or being weepy.
- Depression can develop gradually over an extended period of time. When the changes in mood are subtle and come on slowly we may simply not recognize that things aren’t the same as they used to be.
- Depression can make you feel down about yourself. If you are feeling like you are somehow bad or defective it’s easy to dismiss what you are feeling as somehow being an innate part of yourself that can’t be fixed. You may feel that rather than suffering from a treatable illness you are irreparably broken and unworthy of feeling better.
- Cultural differences can also make it more difficult to recognize and acknowledge depression. If those around you treat depression as something that must be borne without complaint then you may feel as if asking for help is a sign of weakness.